On the way home from Tiny Town I saw the sign for Red Rocks Amphitheatre. I remembered going to concerts there as a VERY young teenager (way too young to go unattended by an adult to a concert filled with drunk, drugged out "old people" - but that's another story).
I remembered how gorgeous the area was and thought Christina and the kids would enjoy a detour to check it out.
I did not remember, however, just how far up we would have to go if parking at the bottom...it was only about a million stairs. Not a huge deal - except I think we went up and down about a million times! Good exercise for most of us, but poor Christina, it would have been very tiring to hike when pregnant.

I remembered how gorgeous the area was and thought Christina and the kids would enjoy a detour to check it out.
I did not remember, however, just how far up we would have to go if parking at the bottom...it was only about a million stairs. Not a huge deal - except I think we went up and down about a million times! Good exercise for most of us, but poor Christina, it would have been very tiring to hike when pregnant.
First you take these stairs (photo above), then you add these stairs (2 per row of seats in photo below), then you add more stairs that you can't see in either photo and probably a few more just for fun. Then you add the stairs for the visitors center that we went up and down just because we hadn't done enough stairs yet that day. Then you multiply by the number of times we chased kids up and down - because they seem to have an endless supply of energy in the high altitude and hot sun.
Our troop of kids. My 5 (Oliver was home sick), Christina's 5 + 1 friend.
Girls jammin' at the visitors center.




No comments:
Post a Comment