We found a seat WAY at the top and sat to listen.
After the orchestra cleared the stage Christina and I were commenting about the risers set up behind the orchestra seats. Almost like a choir was going to perform with the orchestra. A bell went off in my memory about an announcement at church the day before. There was going to be a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert coming up. At church I hadn't thought much of it - I figured they were talking about a broadcast.
The visitor's center confirmed that the Choir was going to perform that night and that they would do their sound check shortly.
How fun to just happen to be in the area during the sound check. The kids all thought it was awesome. It was neat to hear the Choir rehearse; fun to hear the director joking with them. I did feel sorry for those in the full sun though - it was pretty hot.
One more note to add: Another bit of entertainment for the kids was watching some men exercise in the amphitheatre. They would jog up and down the seats, pausing to do push ups and yoga moves. I admit I was fascinated. I was equally marvelling at their strength (I have a hard time doing those yoga moves on a flat surface - they were on a decline) and hoping that they wouldn't fall. They were in much better shape than I will ever be!
Just some fun pics of the kids.
Up: Gabriel with Amelia, Abagail and Madalynn
Down: Lauren, Katrina, Simon with Amelia


1 comment:
a perfetional photograher took the pick with maddy and me!
-abi
Post a Comment