It was a beautiful day.

We went on two hikes. The first one was very steep for the kids. After awhile those of us at the picnic began to hear crying children. I went to investigate and found Allen and some older cousins attempting to help/encourage the younger cousins down a very steep hill. I went to help - but I am afraid I made it worse. My shoe sent a rock bouncing down right into the back of Simon's head. Poor darling...head wounds sure can bleed. Thankfully it wasn't too bad. Everyone was happy to be back on level ground after the hike.

Evidence on hand(s) of the mud fight some cousins indulged in. Actually it was a mud mixed with slimy, stinky, drippy moss fight. They sure enjoyed it.
Our second hike was around a reservoir and overlooking a dam. It was much easier and the kids all had a fun time hiking, wading through the icy cold water, and checking out the dam.

Katrina was the only child not to put on her water shoes. As she forded a stream she came out and mentioned that she thought she got her shoes a bit wet...yes...up to her knees. (see pic 1 in above collage)



I have no idea why we ended up with a photo where everyone is scowling (2nd in top row). I think it is hysterical - they didn't plan it. Guess they were a bit tired???


No comments:
Post a Comment