If I love sleep sooooo much why do I avoid going to bed at night???
Probably has something to do with dreading being awakened seriously EVERY hour by various children. Really, I only get to sleep between 11:30-5:30. Is it so hard for others to stay asleep during those hours too?
I can't wait until:
- Amelia sleeps through the night again. (Transitioning her to a big bed from the crib has been oh so fun - she wins the award for waking me up the most during the night.)
- Everyone is done being sick for the season.
- Joshua sleeps better - to be honest he only wakes me up one time, but he also is the one keeping me up until after 11:00 most nights.
- I can sleep through all the mid-night bathroom trips from the kids. They go like this: Creak (door open)....shuffle shuffle.....creak...flick (light on)...slam (door shut)....creak....flick....shuffle shuffle.....creak.....slam. Guess I could oil the doors so they would quit creaking too.
Note to kids: I will be a much less cranky, more energetic, more involved mom during the day if you let me get at least a few CONSECUTIVE hours of sleep at night. I promise.
Chicken taquitos
14 years ago

2 comments:
But then again, if the doors are oiled then you will never know if they are being sneaky. We leave Ben's door creaky so we can know if he tries to sneak out of house (which he has done before).
Stacey - that is EXACTLY why the doors are allowed to squeek. It does drive me nuts though and one day I may give in and just oil them.
Post a Comment