
I think I forgot what state I lived in...
For our last hurrah of spring break we took the kids to Canyon Lake Dam for a picnic and "hike". I say "hike" because Oliver repeatedly mentioned that he thought we were going on a REAL hike - according to Oliver that means a hike with trees.
(The girls were not with us as they were still at YW camp.)

As is evident from the photos it was a bright, sunny day with scattered clouds. I remembered to bring a hat for Joshua and keep him pretty well covered....but, sadly, I forgot the sunscreen. Haven't I lived here for 10 years? Do I not remember that sun = sunburn? So while my girls spent 4 days in nature at camp it is the rest of us sporting sunburns.

As is evident from the photos it was a bright, sunny day with scattered clouds. I remembered to bring a hat for Joshua and keep him pretty well covered....but, sadly, I forgot the sunscreen. Haven't I lived here for 10 years? Do I not remember that sun = sunburn? So while my girls spent 4 days in nature at camp it is the rest of us sporting sunburns.

It really is a beautiful area. Next time we need to stay longer so we can hike some of the trails with trees - and swim in the lake.

Racing on the dam. I love the background photo - Gabriel is running on air.

Gabriel popping out from the trail for a hello.


No comments:
Post a Comment