Sunday, March 13, 2011

Highlights from Nov...

Time has certainly gotten away from me with my blog. Since I am sitting home from church with sick kids - again - I decided to spend a bit of "me" time trying to catch up. Of course since Joshua has been born I have probably been home more than 50% of the Sundays with sick kids. Guess that's how it goes with a big family and winter months. Honestly, I'd rather be at church.


Sweet little Joshua at 1 month old. He was still so tiny.



On a beautiful November day Amelia, Joshua and I ran errands in S.A. We were in the area of the temple so I decided to swing by. One of Amelia's favorite songs to sing for devotional is her "for the temple is a house of God" song. She requests it every night. Each child has a temple picture in their room. Amelia was so excited to have her very own special temple picture. Of course now every time she sees a church with a steeple she gets excited and says, "Mom, for the temple is a house of God!,", pointing it out to me.



For Thanksgiving Katrina and Abagail asked to make homemade pies. They made the crust - a really good recipe too. Then Katrina chose to make a cherry pie and Abagail asked to make an apple pie. We found recipes for the filling - it was to all be from scratch. Abagail's turned out scrumptious. Katrina's was good - but the recipe wasn't exactly what we were looking for. Luckily Katrina wasn't too disappointed. She later said that she wasn't going to eat it anyway since eating cherry pie filling usually made her feel sick to her stomach. (So why did she choose to make a cherry pie?) We also made the most delicious pumpkin cheesecake - that was my contribution. That was everyone's favorite. Too bad it was sooooo bad for us or I would make it more often.



This is just a fun picture of Amelia. She is such a happy girl. Always laughing, and singing, and dancing. Makes me happy too.



Joshua hanging out with the big guys. I think they were watching a football game.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

C said...

Okay, pics of Joshua...adorable! Amelia at the Temple...so sweet, awwww! The girls making pies, our girls wish they had been there too, brought back good memories for them! Does Amelia remind you of Bella? They seem to have some similar personality traits, since we have paired up the other kids based on such thought maybe those two would be as well ;) Pic of the guys with little Joshua, now that is cute!