Gabriel, Katrina, and Abagail were at Girl Scout and Boy Scout camps for the week, Simon and Oliver stayed with Aunt Yaw and cousins during the day and Dad took care of them at night.
It was quite a whirlwind of a week.
It began on a Saturday with Dad and kids dropping us off at the S.A. airport. After drop off they went to have lunch at Jack in the Box. They were almost home when I called them to tell them that my flight had been cancelled, and since I was flying standby, there was no chance that I would get out in the next day or so. So back to the airport they came, picked Amelia and I up, and drove us all the way to the Austin airport. I think they got home around bedtime. Poor Dad - very nice of him though.
At the airport my flight was delayed from 7:30 til 10:30 p.m. There ended up being 6 passengers on the plane - very roomy. We had a minor celebrity on the plane too - much to my humor. It was soooo funny to watch those "in the know" try to approach him for an autograph or photo - and watch him graciously grant their request. I was one of those not cool enough to be "in the know" as I really don't watch T.V. The guy had a show called Dawg the Bounty Hunter. He was described by one of his producers as "The Bounty Hunter with a Heart". He was quite an interesting character...like something out of an 80's hair band. Older, long blond curly hair, shirt unbuttoned to his navel with his bling and build showing, tight jeans and pointy cowboy boots. After arriving in Denver, at midnight, he put on his trademark sunglasses - since he films there and was more likely to be recognized, I assume. The flight attendants and many people at both airports were star-struck. The funniest thing was as I shared the story with others only Paula, Allen's sister, joined me in being not so cool. Everyone else knew who he was. Thanks Paula.
Our schedule went like this:

Sat - travel to Denver, arrive after midnight

Sun - church and hang out with Lysa's family (Risk with Laine and watching an old Bergstrom favorite childhood flick - The Slipper and the Rose with Lysa) :)

Mon - a.m. with Lysa, afternoon flight to Utah, hang out with Allen's family
(I love Amelia's expression in this photo - she actually had a GREAT time hanging out with Grandpa and Grandma Coleman)
Tues - special visit to Vanessa Stevenson with my B.Y.U. roommates, Heidi (with baby Ben) and Alyssa

Wed - a.m. visit with Grandpa Hart, p.m. flight to Denver - stay night with Lysa
Thursday - a.m. flight home to Texas. Allen picked us up from the S.A. airport. I dropped him back at work, picked up Simon and Oliver, and went grocery shopping to kill time until he officially got off work. We got home around dinner time.
Friday we travelled to pick up Katrina and Abagail from camp and Gabriel came home on Saturday. Poor Allen spent so much time on the road that week between airports, camps, work and shuttling children back and forth from activities. He is awesome!
It was a very long week - but totally worth all the travel!



No comments:
Post a Comment