After a day of crafts and preparations Christina, Nathanael, Allen and I took our pack of 12 to the baseball field across from the city park to watch the fireworks. We got there a bit early and killed some daylight hanging out at the park. It is a small park...I've never seen so many people there before. It was a bit intimidating.

Abagail and Amelia swing with cousins Liz (red) and Lauren (blue) - in case you can't recognize them.

"Hanging out" at the park. Simon opted out of the face paint - he is a bit more conservative and doesn't like people to look at him. I think he felt more comfortable than the others when we got to the park. The girls were a bit self-conscious being so decorated in front of so many strangers. I thought they looked cool - and so did a few of the park people who asked to take their picture. I did have a talk with them that perhaps they should ask a parent before allowing a stranger to photograph them...as it was I was close by and watching - and they did look cool - so I didn't suspect the strangers of anything suspicious. Still - good lesson to teach.

I like this photo - Abagail, Madalynn, Liz, Katrina, and Gabriel at the park.

The younger set watching the fireworks. If you zoom up you can see how fun Amelia's expression is. I love it. They were all suitably impressed by the show.

Our crowd of cousins enjoying fireworks. Love how Simon and Nathan are still "plugged in" to electronics while waiting for the fireworks to begin...even if they are battery-powered games.

More hanging out on the ball field waiting and watching.

Some of the girls enjoying the fireworks.


No comments:
Post a Comment