Monday, April 27, 2009

Hunting the Eggs



Each Easter the kids come home from church and sit at the top of the stairs to await the Easter egg hunt.

When Gabriel was 2 and Katrina was a baby I filmed the hunt. Now it is "required" that I film the event each year. The kids like to see how they have grown each year through watching these little home movies. Of course I cannot watch them. The combination of kids running around and the camera trying to catch them gives me motion sickness...

Some of the kids suggested that next year we come home from church, eat a healthy lunch, and then do the egg hunt. They realized (FINALLY) that candy on an empty stomach doesn't feel all that great. - Hmmm, maybe mom and dad do know a thing or two. They also commented on how little candy they got this year. We found toothbrushes, fruit snacks, crackers and a little candy.

Worked for me.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christina said...

Great pics, love the expressions :) That's neat that they suggested eating healthy beforehand, and liked the idea of hiding other things than candy. When we were little our grandparents would fill eggs with coins...which was the coolest thing ever.

Jen said...

Yea, my kids would love to get coins too...even pennies would be exciting. (Only because I keep their expectations so low.)