Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Signs of Summer

Ahhh...

It seems there are certain signs that occur in nature each year to let me know that summer is officially here. No - it is not the temp soaring into the 90-100 range. That often happens way before summer. But it does have everything to do with the outdoors.

Yesterday I pulled fresh onion, potatoes, zucchini, and corn out of the garden for a delicious Memorial Day BBQ. Today I made my first batch of scrumptious zucchini bread. I also pulled a few apples off the tree - just to test them. They were perfect: juicy and tart. I also had the nicest visitor - a neighbor brought a basket full of sweet, juicy peaches straight from his tree.

All these wonderful gifts of nature have signaled that it is time to celebrate summer - having the kids home, making wonderful memories, lazy days playing games and reading, busy days running from activity to activity, perhaps a trip to the beach, hopefully a visitor or two - all the things we love and look forward to.

So - WELCOME SUMMER - we've been looking forward to your arrival!

No comments: