This was a series of about 10 concerts performed throughout the day by various Christian bands. I thought this would be a great event for Gabriel, Katrina, and Abagail since they were familiar with many of the bands playing. Plus - concerts are fun -
We spent 1/2 the day playing at the park. Joshua did tag along so I was on the sidelines watching the kids have all the fun. It was rather strange to be there with no younger children to corral. At first it was even a bit boring and I wished I had brought my *gasp* homework to study. That didn't last long though. I decided I would do my own thing while the kids did rides and Josh slept. Stuff my eyes couldn't do while they were darting around after lively little ones - like check out the plants, sit and relax, watch a behind-the-scenes type show. I just took my time and did what I wanted...it was kind of nice.
The lines early in the morning were almost non-existent so the kids got to ride the few rides quickly and then head to the water park. By this time they were all wanting me to ride the slides with them. So - they took turns watching Josh while I did the water slides with them. We had a blast!

"Before" - be sure to scroll down to see the "After" photo! :)
(Don't they look sooo excited?)
Around 3 p.m. we headed over to the concerts. This was our line-up:
- Rapture Ruckus
- Bebo Norman
- Chris August
- Francesca Battistelli
- Kutless
- Newsboys

Two of the bands we watched. The favorites were Rapture Rukus, Francesca and Newsboys.
About the time Francesca started playing it was a bit loud for Joshua - with Kutless we had to totally leave the amphitheatre. So Josh and I spent the remainder of the concert across the "road" on a nice grassy place where it was still loud but at least we weren't vibrating. Abagail and Katrina joined us for awhile. Gabriel - however - spent the entire last three acts up at the front by the stage - rocking out. By the time the Newsboys played I convinced Katrina and Abagail to join Gabriel. See the following photo to see what they thought of the day after the concerts...

"After" - Think they liked it???
I was informed before we even left the park that we would be doing this again. I've got to admit - the final song for Newsboys was pretty amazing. The drummer was on a circular platform, it was lifted way up into the air, tipped almost completely forward (perpendicular to stage), and spun around in circles like a ferris wheel - with the drummer playing all the time. Add the light show and rockin' music and it made for one very cool ending!

The kids and I heading home after an awesome day playing together!




1 comment:
Looks like everyone had a lot of fun! Such a cool mom!
Post a Comment