Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spring Break #2

More photos from the Witte Museum during spring break...


Checking out the dinosaur exhibits. Unfortunately this was pretty much all they had...just one room. After taking my first few photos I was instructed that we were not to use flash in this exhibit. Oops. Hence the photos where the kids are all blurry...they think it's a cool effect.


The kids spent a good amount of time building the wall of King Tut's tomb. There was a red button that would cause the earth to shake and tumble the wall. It was soooo funny at first...after a dozen times of the wall crashing before being finished the kids were guarding that button with their lives. We also saw a mummy replica. Abagail appreciated the inclusion of this display about as much as the taxidermy (see comments in post #1).


Making music. There was a large outdoor area where the kids could basically make lots of loud noise. It was all about sound and I'm sure scientific but I didn't get close enough to read any of the information. It sure was loud. The kids loved it...all but Simon. He is a bit sensitive to noise. Simon did explore the area at a rare moment when he was the only one over there. Otherwise he stayed far away. Amelia wasn't real impressed either. She was ok as long as I kept her ears covered.

All in all it was a fun way to spend a day of our spring break.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: