Sunday, March 8, 2009

Packed in like Sardines



Amelia and I went to Missouri in February for Christina's wedding.

At the airport we met up with some members of my family. There was my mom, my sister Stacey and her son Benjamin, and my sister Cindy and her son Canyon. So we rented this minivan. In it we squished four adults, three infants, three car seats, three strollers, 5 suitcases and 4 baby bags/backpacks. At first look (when empty) I was thinking how roomy the interior of the minivan was compared to my own. Once packed in I quickly realized that it was pretty cramped.

We spent many hours in that minivan. I was very glad to have been the designated driver. I had the most comfortable spot in the van.

I can't remember why we were laughing in this particular photo. It was Friday after setting up for the reception. I do remember it had something to do with finding a dumpster, in the freezing cold, in the dark, being instructed to drive around to find it...when it was 3 feet from the car. Then laughing again as we found it to be locked. It must have been one of those "had to be there" moments. I do know that we thought it was hilarious. Then again, we had been giggling together the entire evening - I guess we just enjoyed being together.




I do remember why I was laughing and Stacey was not-so laughing in this photo. We had joined Christina at Walmart at midnight to purchase food items for the reception and other last minute things. After spending a couple of hours we went to load everything into the van. It was COLD...VERY COLD for this girl who is used to Texas. Stacey was carefully placing the grocery bags into the now organized minivan. Did I mention that I was COLD. I began taking the bags and tossing them into the van. Again - it was probably a "had to be there" moment. We were still giggling but I think by this time it may have been more due to lack of sleep. Stacey's look is the priceless one.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacey C. said...

so i'm reading this in the middle of my class and trying very hard not to laugh too loud when thinking of mom and the dumpster. i think my professor thinks i am crazy