Oliver has joined the ranks of the "Big Kids". He has received his first kitchen chore assignment. (Previously he was a roamer...helping me with any chore I was doing.)
Oliver has the task of wiping down place mats, cleaning off the table and wiping down the chairs after each meal. Sounds like a lot for a 4-year-old. I offered to help him the first time to teach him how to do it. Oliver was upset with me. He told me that he knew how to do it and didn't want help. He was very excited.
Today the novelty has worn off. After lunch he grumped and complained about how hard it was to do the chore. He did a very thorough job though proving that he knows how to do it and without help too.
Fast forward to now. We just ate dinner. I mentioned that everyone was to do kitchen chores. Oliver groaned, "But I just got it all clean...now it is dirty again. Now it's going to be hard!"
I thought, "Welcome to my world".
P.S. Oliver is cleaning as I write this. He is singing away at his version of "Called to Serve". I hear singing and things tumbling to the floor - I assume from the table as he cleans. I hesitate to check on him since he is working so happily now...
(Love his expression in the photo - he is scrubbing hard.)


No comments:
Post a Comment