So, how crazy is it to hand my children a pumpkin and a carving knife?
This is actually the first year that I can remember that we carved pumpkins. We usually use paint or craft items to decorate the pumpkins. This year for some strange reason we decided to carve.
It was the first cold night we had, in the 40's. The kids are out on the back patio, shivering, trying to cut through the tough shell of the pumpkins. (I did do the one for Simon and Oliver - I'm not that crazy)

The pumpkins turned out pretty good, no injuries - but they only lasted about 2 days before they became shriveled old jack-o-lanterns.
We also tried the whole "roasted pumpkin seed" idea. I had not ever tried that...didn't sound too appetizing to me. After scooping out the seeds I set them aside...for a few days...they got all mouldy...I threw them in the trash. Oh Well.







2 comments:
I like how the girls are in their robes...interesting ;) Curious pumpkin seed incident. Nice pumpkin gut facial expressions. Overall highly entertaining post. Hehe.
Yea, the robe thing was because they were wearing shorts and they got cold. We hadn't pulled out the jackets yet, let alone coats. So the robes were all they could find to keep toasty.
Post a Comment