
It's official, I will never be in good enough shape to catch Gabriel again - if he should choose to run away from me...
Gabriel has joined the 7th grade Cross Country team at school. He gets himself up at 5:40 each day for an early morning run and shower before school. He runs 2 miles in the morning and then does running, weight training, conditioning for the last period at school.
Gabriel's first meet was yesterday. He did great! He came in 22nd out of 47.
Today Gabriel and I got up at 6:30 to do a run before it got hot. I did jog the entire distance, but poor Gabriel could almost walk alongside me - he let me set the pace and said he wouldn't run ahead since we were a team and you don't leave a teammate behind. I told him he should have run his pace just to see how many times he would lap me...I guess I need to get in shape...

2 comments:
On the positie side, this may be an incentive for me and jennifer to get in shape. I can't let my own son be faster than me...that just wouldn't be right....at least for now.
That is soooo exciting! Good for Gabriel! That will be so fun for the whole family to go and cheer him on!
Post a Comment