Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking

Talk about the reality of the power of positive thinking!

Our neighborhood hosts a garage sale twice a year. Last year Gabriel bought a plastic light saber from a house. This year Oliver has been eagerly anticipating the sale for a couple of days. He wanted a light saber too. I told Oliver that the odds of finding another light saber in our small neighborhood were really small - but Oliver was not to be deterred.

So morning dawned and the search was on. The kids hopped on their bikes and away we went. We stopped at the first house and what do we spy - a plastic light saber! Really? Oliver was thrilled but he was not a bit surprised, he just knew he was going to find one.

Kudos to Oliver. Too bad I didn't recruit him to visualize that crib mattress I was looking for.