Tuesday, January 5, 2010

His First Dance

Last week Gabriel attended his first Stake Dance for our church. For any fellow former YM/YW out there you know what those are like :)

He said he had fun. He ate lots of snacks, hung out with his guy friends and even danced with some girls.

Gabriel said he found a trick to getting a girl to ask him to dance. He would sit in a chair between two groups of girls who were sitting around talking. Then he would look sad and alone. He said that within a minute a girl would ask him to dance. Said it was his foolproof plan - worked all three times he tried it.

Even so, Gabriel's official report of the evening included his experiences of asking girls to dance too. He said he was very nervous at first but after a few accepted he began to feel better about it.

Ahhhh...my little guy is growing up. :) & :(

2 comments:

Mare said...

Ahh church dances and awkwardly holding up the wall. You know Brian and I weren't much older than Gabe when we met at such an event. I was a mere 14 and Brian just half past 15. Hmm so young, so in love, so crazy, my kids are going to be the death of me for sure for all the drama I caused my family!

Jen said...

Yea, Marilee. You and Brian did cross my mind as Gabriel scooted off to his dance. I can not imagine my son finding his future wife by this time next year! Crazy... Of course for you and Brian it makes a great story and it has a good ending. (Well - not exactly ending...middle?)

I personally don't want my kids to even think about boys/girls til they are way more mature than I was at that stage!