Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Time...again

Back to Christmas for a minute...

Grandma Bergstrom (my mom) sent Christmas dishes and table settings as a family gift this year. We received it in November and used it multiple times a week - still do at times as I have not packed it all away yet.

The kids loved it. Instead of eating buffet style - as was our normal method - Allen and I took the opportunity to re-teach the kids more formal table manners. As most of our other dishes are mismatched, and often plastic, the kids felt this was a real treat.


Set and ready for dinner. Even have cloth napkins. Kids felt a little unsure that they were actually supposed to wipe their hands and faces on these..."but mom, they will get dirty".


All gathered around to eat! Lasagna, homemade bread, salad....yum.


Thanks Grandma!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mare said...

beautiful table I do believe I have the same one.... don't you just love your mom!