Here are some pictures from the Stadium of Fire.
The kids also got a taste of their first concert. Two groups played. SheDaisy, a country group, opened. The Jonas Brothers headlined the show. My kids were probably the only pre-teen/teens in the crowd that didn't SCREAM along with the lyrics. (Because we have never listened to the Jonas Brothers) Poor Allen, he sat in front of a group of screaming girls and I thought his hearing wouldn't be normal again for quite awhile.
However, when the group sang a Neil Diamond song Gabriel was belting it out with the rest of the adults. And when the firework show began with tunes from the 80's my kids were up and singing and dancing along. (Get on Your Feet by Gloria Estaban and Don't Stop Believing by Journey - probably not the real titles, but the kids knew the lyrics.)
We finished off the night with a stop at HogiYogi for some hogies and yogies...at midnight...with the kids. Quite a fun night!
(Just a p.s. for the sake of my terrible memory: Took an hour to drive from the freeway to the stadium. Quite the traffic. Spent the time looking at license plates...fyi - the majority were from Utah - go figure...
Katrina's comment after observing the patrons at HogiYogi, "College people are weird" - based on dancing, photo taking, costumed people she saw there.)


3 comments:
Ah I miss that place during the holidays. I loved living just across the street from the stadium so I could watch and hear the concert for free WITHOUT all the crazy fans. The year we watched from our lawn we had martina mcbride play and I was in heaven! So glad you had fun!
Wow! That looks like so much fun!!!!! I bet the kids had a blast!!!!
It was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! During the Jonas Brothers consert every one was scereaming. Amazingly I knew some of the lyrics to some of their songs! I had never heard any untill then!
by
abagail
Post a Comment