Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Day at the Zoo


Checking out the San Antonio zoo.


The zoo had a really cool new exhibit called Africa Live. It allows you to view hippos and crocodiles from the water level. It also has various other small African animals and reptiles. Previously all a visitor could see of the hippos was their rear sticking out of the water as they slept...now we get up close and personal.

I included a photo of a huge python (with Simon looking through the glass) especially for my mom. She doesn't like the fact that we have a python in the house...ours will never get close to this big!


I made up a bedtime song years ago called, "There's lots of animals in the zoo". The kids still request it many times per week. I think that title goes with this photo.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh love all your photos! The hippos especially and the kids all lined up, what a good looking fam you have! Creepy snake though....