Sunday, July 10, 2011

Survival Week

As if my life isn't crazy enough...

The 3rd week of June we had three different activities taking place at the same time each day.

Gabriel attended driver's ed from 8-10 a.m.
Abagail attended tennis camp from 8-10 a.m.
Katrina, Simon and Oliver attended Art Camp from 8-12 p.m.
Now to make things more complicated Gabriel would return to town from 1-4 p.m. most days for driving time with the class.

That meant 4x's a day I was running round trip to town...while also trying to study for my class and entertain Amelia and Joshua. Sometimes more if we also had an evening activity thrown in the mix. Needless to say we were all quite exhausted by the end of the week - but the kids had a blast so I guess it was worth it???

The kids had a great time at the art camp. They had classes in Mexican arts and crafts, dance, theater, and creative writing. The last day was a mini-recital for parents. The kids performed the dances they had learned. I have a couple of photos and video clips of them.





Oliver's group prior to the "Dance of the Old Man". Oliver is third from the left.

Posted by Picasa



Video clip of Oliver's dance. He is third in line.





Video clip of Katrina and Simon's dance. I thought it was interesting that they placed Simon in the oldest age group; Simon was the youngest and Katrina was the oldest in their particular group.

No comments: