First tradition of the evening is a dinner of homemade chicken noodle soup. After cleaning up we all gather around the Christmas tree for a family Christmas devotional. This is comprised of Christmas songs, a family prayer and scriptures, stories or poetry about the birth of Christ. We "end" the evening with the kids opening one gift from Dad and Mom - new pj's or slippers or a robe - whichever they happen to need most that year. Allen added another event this year. He hooked up the projector to the computer and played a movie on the wall for the kids before bed. He reasoned that there was no way they were going to bed anytime soon anyway. I think this one might stick too.
Katrina leads us in a Christmas carol.

Opening the PJ's.

Amelia wasn't feeling too well. Right after snapping the photo Allen took her and she threw up on him. I think Allen would prefer not to make that part of our night of traditions.


1 comment:
I love the christmas eve traditions they are much like the mix we came up with. in my family we also opened on present which always happened to be pj's or something of the sort. I wish I had your bundle of kids to put on the christmas play we did as kids. but with two layla and isa didn't want to be 4 characters each!
Then we would read the christmas story and put on the christmas eve production. basically it was us kids showing off. then we watch a movie. thanks for sharing your traditions... it is fun to see what others do!
Post a Comment