I had a really nice day today.
My friend, Virgie, came to watch Simon, Oliver, and Amelia really early this morning so I could go plant flowers at the San Antonio Temple. When I arrived at the temple the flower beds were just dirt. By the time I left they were all beautiful; full of color and living plants.
I came home inspired. (Or maybe it was too nice of a day to be stuck doing INSIDE chores.)
I mowed the overgrown lawn. Then I tackled the weeds in the front garden bed. One task led to another...by the time I finished the weeds were gone, the vine had a healthy trim, unwanted flowers were removed, overgrown plants were thinned to more manageable portions, trees were trimmed and I was covered in dirt...from my head to my bare toes.
It is so satisfying to stand back and see actual progress. The beds were ugly, overgrown, and overwhelming. Now they are tidy and ready for a new phase. I can't wait to go to the nursery next week and pick up my new idea...snapdragons. (I have fond memories of snapdragons in my Grandma Hart's garden in California.)
Chicken taquitos
14 years ago

1 comment:
No pics? ;) Sounds like a wonderful day and like you have a wonderful friend too!
Post a Comment