Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Eve Party!


We had a wonderful New Years Eve celebration. My sister-in-law (or sister-outlaw as Katrina says) brought her fiance and 5 children to come play. We haven't seen our Missouri cousins for about 1 1/2 years. It was so fun to get together again! They had to brave the 13 hour drive in December. We just got to clean the house and wait. (Note: It did not stay clean for long, 11 kids will do that.)

The kids spent hours crafting party hats, posters, and noisemakers. They dance-danced the night away and played Katrina's new Harry Potter Scene-it game. We made pizzas and put out plenty of fruits and veggies to go with the chips and party food.

As midnight approached everyone tuned into watch the ball drop, unfortunately not one clock in my house is right so we were a minute or two past midnight before we realized it. The kids ran outside to blast noisemakers, crack confetti eggs, blow bubbles, twirl glowsticks and make a LOT of noise. Usually New Years Eve in our neighborhood is VERY loud. Everyone celebrates with fireworks and music. This year it was SOOOO quiet, except for our house...seriously...I couldn't hear anyone else. I turned to Christina and wondered if maybe we were a day off instead of a minute off. (Fireworks were banned this year.)

Just FYI for anyone who wants to know - 1 dozen confetti eggs doesn't seem like much but we had confetti tracked EVERYWHERE! I can't complain though as I was the one who sent them to Christina and kids for Christmas, of course that was to get them out of my house - I had no idea that she would actually bring them back...

So thanks to Christina and Nathanael for bringing the kids! It made our New Year!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jen said...

I love all the pics.
abagail

Jen said...

I love all the pics.
abagail

Jen said...

I love all the pics.
abagail

C said...

I love all the pics. Hehe.

No, seriously, you captured that night perfectly in this post. :)

Stacey C. said...

i am looking forward to our family reunion this summer because i really miss everyone and i think i just need to be around family again!

Jen said...

Aparantly either Abagail REALLY loved all the pics or she was trying to figure out how to work the comment box...

We all miss you too Stacey!

The Fullmers said...

I love all the pics.
cindy