Ah....blustery days! I love fall in Texas. The days are warm and sunny and it actually gets cool at night. The wind starts to blow, or I should say that the COOL wind starts to blow again. We open up all the windows and can finally turn off the air conditioner. I forget how soothing it can be to listen to the wind blow through the trees and hear the birds sing and play.
We are spending tons more time outside, running, playing, stargazing. We light up the tiki torches and hang out on the patio at night - the kids laughing and playing in the flickering firelight until past a respectable bedtime.
This time of year is a Balm of Gilead to my soul. I miss the beautiful colors of the mountains in Autumn, but after a hot, dry summer this is wonderful and I choose to enjoy it for what it is.
Ah....blustery days....
Chicken taquitos
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment